Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wedding - Part 4 "Reception"

Our lovely guests let us know who was able to make it to celebrate our special day with us.
 
We made our grand entrance.  Can you tell we were excited? :)
We immediately went into our first dance.  We danced to "Home" by Dave Barnes.

 Then we had the Father/Daughter dance...
 And then the Mother/Son dance.
 Then both parents and the happy couple all danced together.
 My awesome nephew, Marc-Andre, breakin' it down on the dance floor.
 
Our beautiful wedding cake.  It was vanilla cake, peach filling, and cream cheese frosting.  YUM!
Time to cut the cake...
And eat it too. :)
The groom's cake was chocolate cake, peanut butter filling, and chocolate genache frosting.  I surprised Blair with one of his wedding presents:  the satellite clock cake topper.  It's now on his desk at work.
 One of my best friends from college, Kat, came all the way from Chicago!
My beautiful grandmother shared her birthday with us for our wedding day.
 What a blessing grandmothers are!
 Bouquet tossing time!
 I love this photo because Nancy is so excited and ready to catch!
 Nancy caught it!!
  Now for the garter toss.  Careful, buddy...

 After a little quick maneuvering from Eric, my 4 year old nephew caught the garter.
 
He's so creative.
 
My family from California came up for the wedding! 
 We had super tasty chocolate-covered fortune cookie favours for our guests to take home with them.  The packets had a white chocolate and a dark chocolate fortune cookie, with a unique message in each.

My crazy brothers-in-law decorating our getaway car.

I love this picture with all the rose petals and fabulous smiles on everyone!
 
 And we're off to our honeymoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment