Sunday, September 11, 2011

Wedding - Part 3 "Ceremony"

Since Blair and I met in Japan, and because it was supposed to be hot, we handed out Asian fans as wedding favours.  I designed the cherry blossom tags. :)
 
 Before the wedding party walked down the aisle, we showed a video that my Dad made.  I LOVED IT!  It was a slideshow of pictures the two of us growing up, when we met, and dating.
My beautiful Grandma, watching the slideshow.
 Blair's mom and Uncle Woodie.
  Good family friends - Ann and Kelley Kash, Gwen and Al Bunyard
Blair, Eric (Blair's best friend) and Monty (Blair's dad) in the back of the chapel getting prepared.
The mothers, lighting the family candles of the unity candle ensemble
My super cute niece, Autumn, as my flower girl
 Dad and I, about to walk down the aisle

My dad, getting teary as he is about to put my hand in Blair's hand.  I love my Dad!
 
We wanted a very Christ-centered wedding, that would be a light to those who attended.  So we decided to do a time of worship, where we and everyone there sang worship songs. 

Monty prayed over us.
My dad gave the homily about having a God-centered marriage, with the marriage covenant being not only between me and Blair but also God joining us in this commitment. 
We spoke our vows to each other.

We exchanged rings as a symbol of our union.
We lit the unity candles, to show that we are two people becoming one.  While we still remain these two separate people, with unique talents and interests, we join together as one.
We tied the cord of three strands, to symbolize that God is the center of our marriage and that when He is the center it is not easily broken.
We kissed. :)
And we celebrated.
We signed the marriage license.
The witnesses signatures.
Then the officiants make it all official.  :)
We are MARRIED!

No comments:

Post a Comment