Saturday, January 14, 2012

Mary and boys visit - Aquarium

One of the best parts about having nephews/niece is that you can see the world through their eyes.  I like to expose them to all sorts of new adventures.  They get so excited to learn and see new things.

While they were visiting, I took them to the Albuquerque Aquarium.  It was smaller than I had hoped, and the petting area was closed for cleaning that day (what luck, right?).  But it was still really fun.  And the boys really enjoyed themselves!

When you first walk in there is a little tank with fish in it.  I think it's a little bit of a teaser since there weren't many fish in it at all.  But Luc liked it.  And, while being very obedient about keeping his hands out of the water, he decided instead to kiss the fish.
Then we made our way to the sting/manna ray tank.  They were hilarious.  They would swim right out of the water and flap their "wings" at us, splashing us in the process.
It was cool that they had little climbing walls around the tanks for the boys to get their energy out.
On the way to the shark tank, we stopped for a photo opp in the fish hall.  The different shades of silky taffeta hanging from the ceiling was a great touch!
Shark tank!
Matty enjoyed his new little buddy, the albino sea turtle.  They played together for a while!
And Luc was mesmerized by the sharks.
Mary was having fun mocking the eels.
Freaky, creepy eels
Seahorses...the animal that bonds me and my sister. :)
The boys finding cute posing locations, all on their own. :)
I love how creative Marc-Andre is!  Luc starting steering, and Marc-Andre was the lookout.
I love my little men!

No comments:

Post a Comment