Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mary and boys visit - Air Show

Even though we had woken up super crazy early to go to the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta Mass Ascension, we also wanted to make a stop at the Military Air Show.  I knew it would be a huge hit with the boys...even the big one I'm married to. :)  So after a quick nap time, we headed out to the air strip.

Can I just say, I'm so enjoying being married to a military man.  I LOVE being back on a base, going to these air shows, and running into random people from all over the world.  It's so fun!  While we were standing in line waiting to go into the air show, we just happened to run in to our former next door neighbor from when I was living in Okinawa, Japan.  Small world?  I think so.

Anyways, we made it just in time for the Thunderbirds.  And they didn't disappoint.
 Look how close they are!  And going that fast?  I just don't know how they do it without exploding with fear.
 I am so glad I'm not a pilot.  I can't even imagine....
 This one makes me think of Independence Day. :)
 This is Blair's satellite...or at least, that's what I like to call it. ;)
 After the Thunderbirds show, there was a bunch of stuff for the kids to play on...like this space ship bouncy castle thing. 
 And planes on display.
 Luc was enamored.
 The boys even got to play on a tank!
 And pretend to fly a helicopter!
 And be little firefighters!
 Marc-Andre went all Top Gun on us.

 Yep, I think Blair and I scored some mega Aunt/Uncle points! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment