Monday, May 9, 2011

1st Wedding Shower :)

My awesome Medical Teams International co-workers threw me my first wedding shower...and it was so much fun!!  It was on Cinco de Mayo so it was a very festive themed party.  It worked really well knowing I'll be moving to New Mexico soon. We had New Mexico coloured Mardi Gras beads (yellow and red for the NM flag) and vibrant fiesta decorations.  

At first we all stood around just catching up on details of each other's lives.  Since I haven't been working in the office since the middle of April, it had been a few weeks since we'd seen each other.  It was SOOOO nice getting to see them all again.  And Julie (who hosted the shower)  put together a fun photo slideshow of  memories from my over 3.5 years with them, and a music playlist that included Latin music and Valentines love songs.  Perfect touches!

The food was Mexican inspired and oh so tasty.  Margaritas, queso dip, artichoke/olive/cheese dip, taco salad, steak bites, chicken skewers, cupcakes....we feasted. :)
 They gave me this really cute white cowboy hat with a tiara on the front.  That will come in handy in the southwest.  hehe
 After dinner we played two games.  The first was a game they asked me to create that was 10 things about Sarah (7 true, 3 false) and they had to guess which was which.  The second was a multiple choice "test" on Blair.  They conspired against me. :)  But I still showed them who is boss because I got 9 out of 10 correct.  Oh yeah!
Then came presents.  Lots of presents.  :)
 And lots of laughter amidst it all. :)
 That bag was from Jess and contained a salt and pepper shaker, a meat tenderizer, and a big book of curry recipes from around the world.  Nice!

I was careful pulling all the ribbons off.  This is one time when breaking ribbons is just not an okay thing.  hehe
 VERY VERY careful.
My lovely co-workers all chipped in together to buy us our pillows and sheet set.  Yay, our bed is going to be so comfy and pretty!!
And my wonderful mother bought us 4 of our dinner plates!  Our first dishes. :)  She had them sent directly to New Mexico so this was in my card to let me know what she bought.  I was excited.
This is me, saying "ha ha" because I didn't break even ONE ribbon.  Yep, I'm awesome.
Linda channeled her crafty side and created a rehearsal bouquet with all of the bows.  She did a really great job.  I was impressed!
Isn't it cool?
And, of course, we had to get another photo of the bouquet while wearing the fancy cowboy hat.
 The whole clan.
Thanks, ladies, for an AWESOME evening.  Love you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great party and very nice friends! Glad you had fun! Love this blog!

    ReplyDelete